COLLEGE OF THE CANYONS ATHLETIC HALL OF FAME - INDUCTION CATEGORIES & CRITERIA
The College of the Canyons Athletic Hall of Fame honors former student-athletes and teams that have achieved excellence through competition; coaches, administrators and athletic staff members who have made a difference in the lives of their student-athletes and the COC athletic program; and other individuals that have displayed a dedication and loyalty to the COC athletic department and its student-athletes.
CATEGORIES FOR JUDGING
Outstanding Individual Athletic Achievement; Outstanding Team Athletic Achievement; Coach / Administrator / Athletic Staff Personnel; Meritorious Service
- Inductee must exemplify the highest ideals of intercollegiate athletics and prove to be of high moral conduct
- Student-athletes must have competed at the college at least five years prior to HOF induction
- Coaches will be eligible for induction after finishing their coaching careers at the college
- Meritorious service recipients must exhibit a dedication and loyalty to student-athletes in the community and/or the total athletic program at College of the Canyons
- For a team to be considered for induction, the group must have: earned a spot in the CCCAA state playoffs; won either a conference, regional or state championship and/or participated in a bowl game (football).
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- The nominee's athletic achievement, accomplishments and honors that occurred while attending College of the Canyons. For coaching nominees, win/loss record while at the college is important, but the positive influence that individual had on student-athletes should be taken into consideration
- The nominee has made an outstanding contribution to the athletic and education programs at College of the Canyons
- The nominee has made outstanding professional contributions to their field and the community at large
- The nominee has attained public visibility and/or is recognized for his or her longstanding commitment to the community