College of the Canyons Athletics Celebrates Title IX 50th Anniversary
College of the Canyons will be recognizing the 50th Anniversary of the passage of Title IX in 1972 with a variety of ongoing campus events and special recognitions throughout the 2022-23 academic year.
One place Title IX continues to have an impact at our college is in the Cougars athletic department, which houses nine women's sports programs each year:
- Fall: Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer and Volleyball
- Spring: Softball, Swim & Dive, Tennis, and Track & Field
Women's athletics programs at College of the Canyons have combined to win 84 conference championships (61 team/23 individual) and 10 state championships (four team/6 individual) in the college's history.
This fall we'd like to invite you to experience the thrill of Lady Cougars athletics by attending one of several upcoming on-campus home events listed below:
- 4:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23 vs. Santa Barbara
- 4 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30 vs. Glendale
- 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 4 vs. West L.A.
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 11 vs. Citrus
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18 vs. Santa Monica
- 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21 vs. L.A. Valley
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1 vs. Bakersfield
- 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 8 vs. Antelope Valley
- 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23 vs. L.A. Pierce
- 6 p.m. Friday, Sept. 30 vs. Bakersfield
- 6 p.m. Weds, Oct. 5 vs. Santa Monica
- 6 p.m. Weds, Oct. 19 vs. Antelope Valley
- 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21 vs. Citrus
- 6 p.m. Weds, Nov. 2 vs. Glendale
- 6 p.m. Weds, Nov. 9 vs. West L.A.
As an added bonus college staff and faculty who attend three or more women's sporting events this semester will receive a free COC athletics T-shirt. Attendees should plan to check in with COC athletic director Chad Peters at the venue on game day.
Can't make it to the game? Don't forget that COC athletics home events are live streamed to fans free of charge via YouTube on the Cougars Sports Network.