Canyons Swim Takes 10th at Mt. SAC Invitational
By Jesse Muñoz/COC Sports Information Director
WALNUT — College of the Canyons swim & dive swam to a 10th place finish at the annual two-day Mt. SAC Invitational meet Feb. 25-26. The Cougars' men's team achieved its result despite having one of the smaller entry sheets at the meet.
Canyons entered eight swimmers in the meet, with five individuals and four relay teams ultimately scoring, to finish with 134.5 event points.
Cuesta College (966) won the event with host Mt. SAC (641) in second and College of the Sequoias (434) in third.
COC did not compete in the women's meet.
Freshman Bence Endresz was the top scorer for Canyons with a pair of sixth-place results. Endresz took that position in both the 50-yard backstroke (28.08) and 200-yard backstroke (2:14.45) events.
Cody Faust also brought home a sixth-place result in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:28.58).
Full meet results are available here.
Canyons will next make the first of three scheduled trips to San Luis Obispo on Friday, March 11 for the 43rd Annual Cuesta College Invitational. The Cougars then return to SLO for Western State Conference (WSC) Meet No. 2 hosted by Cuesta on Saturday, March 19.
Canyons Top Performers
- 400-yard freestyle relay – The combination of Bence Endresz, Julian Cruz, Cody Faust and Martin Wise posted a time of 3:40.16 to place ninth in the field of 18 entered schools.
- Bence Endresz —6th place, 50-yard backstroke (28.08); 6th place, 200-yard backstroke (2:14.45); 7th place, 100-yard backstroke (1:01.12).
- Cody Faust — 6th place, 200-yard breaststroke (2:28.58); 10th place, 50-yard breaststroke (31.31).
- Martin Wise — 11th place, 50-yard breaststroke (31.39); 12th place, 100-yard breaststroke (1:08.99); 12th place, 200-yard breaststroke (2:32.60).
- Julian Cruz — 12th place, 100-yard IM (1:04.94)
—Photo by Mari Kneisel/COC Sports Information